William Emory Anderson, Jr.
Born in Humble, Texas, November 1, 1935, to Mr. and Mrs. William Emory Anderson
Graduated from Refugio High School in 1954, from Baylor University in 1958 (BA in Religion, minor in English), and from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in 1963 (BD). Finished a year's graduate work at Baylor toward the MA in 1964. Received a Doctor of Divinity degree from Trinity College, Dunedin, Florida, in 1978.
All-District, All-State, All-South Texas, All-Southwest Conference in football. Outstanding Lineman in Texas High School North-South All-star game. Sophomore Class President, Baylor University, Who's Who in American Colleges and Universities, Co-Chairman of Focus Week (annual religious emphasis week) at Baylor University, Outstanding Citizen Award, Euless, Texas.
Married Addie Williams of Refugio in 1956. Four children: Mark (senior pastor of Lynwood Baptist Church, Cape Girardeau, MO, Karen May, (wife of Mike May, president & owner of Brightspot Incentives & Events, Colleyville, Texas), Gaye Hasha (wife of Mike Hasha, Pastor of Pastoral Care and Senior Adults, Calvary Church, Clearwater, FL), and Hazel Hall (wife of Dan Hall, consultant to pastors in Jackson, MS)
|1959-1960||Central Baptist Church, Ingleside, TX|
|1960-1964||Lorena Baptist Church, Lorena, TX|
|1964-1966||First Baptist Church, McGregor, TX|
|1966-1975||First Baptist Church, Euless, TX|
|1975-2001||Calvary Baptist Church, Clearwater, FL|
|2003-2009||President, Covenant Christian Academy, Colleyville, TX|
|2004-2006||Interim Pastor, First Baptist, Euless, TX|
|2006-2007||Interim Pastor, First Baptist, Dallas, TX|
|2007-2008||Interim Pastor, First Baptist, Wichita Falls, TX|
|2008-2009||Interim Pastor, First Baptist, Sulphur Springs, TX|
|2010-2011||Interim Pastor, First Baptist, Gainesville, Texas|
|2012-2013||Interim Pastor, First Baptist, Grapevine, TX|
|2014-present||more Interim Pastor positiions across North Texas|
Associational: Various positions, including that of Moderator, Chairman of various committees (Missions, Evangelism, Race Relations, Administrative, Finance, Search Committee for Director of Missions, etc.)
State: Florida Baptist Convention President, Chairman of Trustees, Baptist Theological College, Chairman, Budget and Allocations Committee, Vice-chairman of the Board of Directors, Florida Baptist Children's Homes, member of State Board of Missions, Board of Directors, Florida Baptist Witness.
National: Chairman of the Sunday School Board (now LifeWay Christian Resources), SBC Committee on Committees, Vice-chairman, Southern Baptist Convention Executive Committee.
- Board of Directors, Christian Television Network.
- Has spoken at various conferences/conventions, such as Muskoka Bible Conferences, Ontario, Canada, People's Church, Toronto (in connection with the Baptist World Alliance), Moody Memorial Church in Chicago, Sunday Evening Club, Chicago, Illinois, Jesus Festival '82, Tampa, Florida, Ridgecrest and Glorieta (Sunday School weeks, Recreation Labs, Preaching Week, Seniors' Chatauquas), several state conventions, evangelism conferences, pastor's conferences at regional and national levels, etc.
- Led in establishing four church-type missions, two Hispanic churches, and the Bay Area Pregnancy Center.
- Has been involved, extensively, in various overseas mission projects.
- Preached in Canada, Japan, Korea, China, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico, and Scotland.
- Has spoken in church-growth and Sunday School growth conferences in local, regional, state, and national settings, including university and seminary settings
- Directed three city-wide evangelistic crusades
- Vice-Chairman of two Billy Graham Crusades (1978 and 1998), Tampa, Florida.
- Board member and vice-chairman of Christian Television Network Board.
- Extensive writing for Southern Baptist Sunday Board, North American Mission Board.
- Author of "Rapture? Sure…But When?" Green Key Publishers, 2003.
- Founder of three Christian schools.
- President of Covenant Christian Academy, Colleyville, Texas, 2003-2009
- Current Chancellor Emeritus, Covenant Christian Academy.
- Chaplain of Police and Fire Departments in two cities
- Director of “Goals for Euless" program, Euless, Texas
- Steering Committee of Council on Social Concerns, Euless, TX
- Chairman and other offices of various Ministerial Alliances, Traffic Safety Council, Euless, Texas
- Chairman of Directors, Baptist Estates of Clearwater, Inc. for five years (BECI was a five-facility chain of retirement hotels).
- Active Rotarian for five years
- Regular visitor, and host of, religious talk shows on Channel 22, CTN, Largo, Florida
- Weekly radio and television broadcast for over 25 years